Now that you have a basic idea about what an electronic voice phenomenon or EVP means in a paranormal investigation, let’s talk about how to get an EVP. Yes, there is a right way to do that. You can’t really go inside someone’s house expecting them to answer.
How to Get an EVP?
In order for the spirit to communicate to you through the electronic voice phenomenon, the first thing to remember is to be polite. Below are the steps to follow if you wish to communicate with a spirit
- An introduction is a Key – Introduce everyone who is present there.
- Next, talk about the location you are at, the day, date, and time.
- Keep talking at all times. Don’t indulge in whispering even with your vigil partner.
- If you catch any electronic voice phenomenon, mention it. Do not ignore it.
- Introduce your instruments and how you want the response to be.
- Always give pause after you ask a question; give time for the spirit to respond.
What are the Types of Questions to Ask to Get an Electronic Voice Phenomenon?
The types of questions that you wish to ask depending upon the place where the paranormal investigation is going on. We should always remember that the spirit we are talking to was once a human and, so we should communicate with the same respect. Don’t just ask anything for the sake of it. Ask relevant and reasonable questions and repeat them several times throughout the vigil. Frame polite questions and keep in mind that the spirit has emotional energy.
To increase the chances of getting an Electronic voice phenomenon during a paranormal investigation, carry a white noise or an EM Pump. White noise can be played alongside. I, however, avoid this as it adds background noise. I prefer using an EM Pump that generates an electromagnetic field. The chances of getting complete sentences as the answer is rare. Therefore ask questions to which the spirit can communicate with ease. Remember, that it is very difficult for a spirit to communicate. It takes them a lot of effort.
Questions to Ask to Get Clear Electronic Voice Phenomenon
Below are some great electronic voice phenomenon or EVP Questions that you can ask depending upon the history of the place:
- Is there anyone here that would like to talk to us?
- Can you tell us your name, please?
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
- Why are you here?
- Are you alone?
- How many of you are here?
- Are there any children here?
- Is there anyone with you?
- What are their names?
- Are you here all the time?
- Can you tell me what year this is?
- Are you happy?
- Are you sad? (Remember to wait for some time before asking more questions to capture an electronic voice phenomenon)
- Are you waiting for someone?
- Is there anything we can do to help you?
- Is there something you still need to do before you cross over?
- Can you see us?
- What do we look like?
- Do you know my name?
- Can we help you?
- Do you need our help?
- Are you afraid of where you are?
- Do you have something to tell us?
- Do you have any pets with you?
- What kind of clothes are you wearing?
- How many fingers am I holding up?
- Are you married?
- How long have you been married?
- What year did you get married?
- What is your husband’s/wife’s name?
- Is he/she with you?
- Are they with you?
- How many did you have?
- Can you rest here?
- Are you here all the time?
- Do you like being here alone when we leave?
To Wrap it Up
If you are lucky, you will record a clear electronic voice phenomenon in a paranormal investigation. Take anything the spirit says in response to this question under scrutiny. Don’t ignore the warning signs if the spirit wants you to go somewhere alone. Take a fellow investigator with you at all times. The spirit could be trying to steer you to a place where it is stronger and has more control. This, in brief, was how to get EVP and carry out EVP sessions. If you are an amateur paranormal investigator, remember to never provoke the spirit. There is a thin line between being courageous and looking stupid.